We believe that we have been given an incredible gift in having a relationship with God, our creator! While we all fall short and by nature reject God (either actively or passively), He reaches out to us in love, longing for us to be reconciled to Him. The penalty for our rebellion against God is eternal suffering but the incredible news is that God showed His love for us in laying down His life. Jesus died on the cross for us, taking the punishment we deserve for our rejection of Him. He rose from the dead and is Lord of all – making what happened 2000 years ago still relevant for us today. We have the opportunity to respond in trust and to choose to let him hold the reins in our lives so we can experience this great gift of relationship with God into eternity.
What follows is a list of some of the fundamental truths of Christianity as found in the Bible which we believe, seek to live by, and teach.
Statement of beliefs
- The divine inspiration and infallibility of Holy Scripture as originally given and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of humanity since the fall, rendering men and women subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- The conception of Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit and his birth by the virgin Mary.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only though the sacrificial death, as our representative and substitute, of Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God.
- The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
- The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to make the death of Christ effective in the individual sinner, granting him or her repentance towards God, and faith in Jesus Christ.
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.